Director(s): Mounia MEDDOUR
Main cast: Hilda AMIRA DAOUAOUDA, Rachida BRAKNI, Lyna KHOUDRI
Short synopsis : Mounia Meddour follows the award-winning Papicha with a powerful and moving drama about resistance, womanhood, and healing through creativity, featuring a stunning lead performance from Lyna Khoudri.
Long synopsis : Alger. Houria (25) is a gifted dancer with dreams of joining the Algerian National Ballet. To make ends meet, she works as a cleaning lady during the day and bets in clandestine fights overnight. After winning a final, Houria is assaulted by Ali, who is determined to get his money back. When she wakes up in a hospital, the prognosis is grim: she is unable to speak and will certainly never dance again. Refusing to abandon her dream, she throws herself, heart and soul, into her physical recovery. At her rehab center, she meets other women damaged by life. Houria resolves to help them transcend their wounded bodies and stand tall - by teaching them how to dance.
- Hilda AMIRA DOUAOUDA, Rachida BRAKNI, Nadia KACI, Lyna KHOUDRI, Zarah MANEL DOUMANDJI, Meriem MEDJKANE
- Producer(s): Patrick ANDRE, Xavier GENS, Grégoire GENSOLLEN
- Director(s): Mounia MEDDOUR
- Screenplay: Mounia MEDDOUR
- DP: Leo LEFEVRE SBC
- Editing: Damien KEYEUX
- Original Music: Maxence DUSSERE, Yasmine MEDDOUR
- Sound Editor: Gurwal COIC-GALLAS, Damien LAZZERINI, Olivier RONVAL
- Genre(s): Drama
- Production company: HIGH SEA PRODUCTION, THE INK CONNECTION
- Language: French